The fifth member of our family joined us on November 28, 2015. Edith Irene was 6 lbs, 15 ounces and 19 inches long. My due date was the 27th and Thanksgiving the 26th. I joked that I wanted for the baby to wait until after I had a delicious meal. What a good girl! We hosted the Thanksgiving feast with the Ossman family so we didn't have a long drive just in case I went into labor. Grandma and Grandpa Jensen also came. On Friday the 27th, I was ready to go into labor but no luck. We called the doctor to schedule an induction for Monday morning. Edith wanted to come on her own time, though. I started having contractions at 1 am Saturday morning. After a little bit, I went downstairs and started timing them. When I realized they were only 3.5 minutes apart, I woke Daddy up. He called Grandma and Grandpa Jensen and we headed to the hospital. I was worried that the hospital would send me home with false labor, but Daddy said he knew that wouldn't happen. My water broke soon after I was on the monitors. Daddy called Grandma Dee and told her it wouldn't be long. Grandma Dee and Aunt Angela arrived while I was pushing, only 20 minutes before delivery at 4:57 am! I looked down as soon as she was born and said "It's a girl!" A girl with strong lungs, dark brown hair, and a face that reminded most of us of Alena as a baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment