So, most of you know that Alena had to spend a couple of nights in the hospital. She was in a lot of pain Tuesday and wouldn't eat or drink so we took her to the doctor that evening and she recommended going to the hospital. She had an iv put in for fluids and had a lot of tests done which all came back negative or inconclusive. She slept all day yesterday until 4 pm when she woke up, started pointing at things, and then running down the halls. She all of a sudden started chugging water and pointing to Daddy's carrot cake (which unfortunately she was not allowed to have.) She did get a ham sandwich, green beans, and cantaloupe. Today she is feeling even better: just tired and with a limited appetite. Which is good, because she is on the brat diet. We are all happy to be back home!
The good part of our hospital stay was Alena said two new words: car and dadda! She also learned how to unscrew lids. She has loved taking lids off and putting them back on for almost a year, but had never figured out the screw kind before. Good job, Alena!
So here are a couple of pictures from this afternoon.
The good part of our hospital stay was Alena said two new words: car and dadda! She also learned how to unscrew lids. She has loved taking lids off and putting them back on for almost a year, but had never figured out the screw kind before. Good job, Alena!
So here are a couple of pictures from this afternoon.
The weather was so nice while we were cooped up. So many flowers started blooming. Here is Alena's new watering can.
Putting on Mommy's gloves
4 comments:
Alena, I'm am SO glad you are feeling better. By the way, you look just like your mom in the second picture. That is uncanny!
I'm glad you are better, too! I'm also glad that you now have a more appropriately sized watering can!
I'm happy Alena is better, somebody needs to water the flowers!
So sorry to hear that Alena was sick and in the hospital. I'm happy that she's feeling better. Sometimes those little ones get sick for no apparent reason. I'm so glad you all have blogs so I can try to keep somewhat up to date with family news. :)
Post a Comment