Monday, January 25, 2016

The big girls

I am operating a shuttle service now.  First I take Nora to St. Matthew's by 8:30 then I drop Alena off at Erskine.  Nora gets picked up at 11:30 and Alena at 3:45.  Edith lives in her car seat.  But she loves her car seat!  She likes riding in the fancy new minivan and it usually puts her to sleep.  Some mornings she will sleep in the car seat the entire morning from drop off and doesn't get out until after we pick Nora up.  Having an attached garage is great!  Nora doesn't bother even getting shoes or a coat on for the afternoon pick up (which saves about 5 minutes of complaining.) She will walk barefoot across the garage floor to the van and get in by herself.  But when we get home, she insists the floor is too cold.  Alena brings her bag into the house and goes back to carry Nora inside.

The weather finally warmed up to 25 degrees.  I took the big girls into the woods at the end of the street.  Alena wanted to climb every fallen tree she could find.  They also have been making forts and sometimes use the trampoline as a zoo with lots of stuffed animals.  I found "Alena's list of things to do": wrestle, hug, meeting, smell KB (kitty blanket), surprise Nora, fort, get warm, and sneaking for snacks at night (which received the most stars. I don't know what snacks she was sneaking.)  Alena loves to lay on the register and get really warm.  She frequently sleeps without a shirt, which is probably why she is cold in the first place.  Sometimes when I go up for the night and go around to check on the girls Alena is missing from her bed.  Locations she has been found: on the register in the family room, the foot of our bed, a tent in Nora's room, behind the glider in Edith's room, and in Edith's crib.  Daddy is in charge of returning her to bed for the night.

No comments: