Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Happy birthday Daddy!

Sunday was Ben's birthday. Alena wasn't making any noise in her crib but I figured at 9 o'clock she would be ready to get up so I opened her door. Big mistake. Alena usually likes some quiet time in the morning to reflect on what she is going to do that day and I interrupted that. We had to deal with a grumpy baby all morning. Not even going down the slides at the park would cheer her. Fortunately she was in a better mood that afternoon.

As a birthday treat Ben and I went skiing in Dubuque on Monday. It was a lot of fun! The last time we had gone was in Aspen 9 years ago, so we thought we did pretty well. There was a slalom course with a timer set up in one section so we did time trials. That was my favorite part of the trip. Ben enjoyed going fast down the "mountain." We are currently a little Olympic crazy in our house and Ben thought that watching all of that tv helped him improve his skills. So the household results in the slalom: Melissa 23.54 sec, Ben 24.98 sec. Ben definitely won the downhill portion even though we don't have an official time. And I won the tie-breaker of most wipe-outs.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the crib


But not too angry to open presents.

No comments: