Thursday, February 19, 2009

In memory of Luanne


This morning we were sad to find that our bird friend Luanne died overnight. She was 8 years old. She was an excellent flier, and could often be found in different windows around the house. She would always come back to the cage for a millet spray, though! Even on her last day she was alive, she managed to fly over to Ben's shoulder to sit for awhile and tell him goodbye. We will miss her cheerful tweeting and crazy antics but are happy that she can now be with her best friend Wally, who died over two years before her.

4 comments:

lil'lil' said...

Oh no!!! How sad. We are so sorry to hear the sad news.

Julianne said...

I'm so sorry. It is hard to loose a member of the family. She was a good bird.

Anonymous said...

They were 2 very sweet birds. We're so sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! Melissa, I would have mentioned this in our phone conversation earlier if I had known. It's nice to know that she and Wally are reunited, though.